CommunityDevelopmentBanking-L is an active, free, ongoing e-mail discussion
resource. Since 1994, this list has served community development practitioners
including Credit Unions, Banks, CDCs, Loan Funds, trade associations,
regulators, governments and partner non-profits. The discussions have ranged
from the practical (construction, mortgage, and small business lending; job
opportunities, conferences, fundraising) to legislative (CRA, HMDA, and CDFI) to
the cutting edge (micro-loan funds, peer lending, local currency, targeting
"The best Community Development Banking resource in Cyberspace."
Deutsche Bank Community Development Finance Group--Internship (Summer 2012)
Original message from: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employer: Deutsche Bank Community Development Finance Group
Job Title: Internship (Summer 2012)
Job Location: New York, NY
Deutsche Bank Community Development Finance Group (CDFG) seeks an Intern to support its US lending and investing efforts which consist of a $400 million portfolio of loans, investments and philanthropic program related investments (PRIs).
The Intern will support CDFG Relationship Managers in conducting monitoring and annual reviews of portfolio transactions with an initial focus on program related investments (PRI) in the Deutsche Bank Americas Foundation New Initiatives Fund. Duration will be 8 - 10 weeks during summer 2012.
The Intern will be responsible for:
- Tracking compliance with reporting requirements
- Analyzing borrower/investee financial statements to assess financial performance and condition.
- Reviewing borrower/investee reporting to assess performance against covenants and projections.
- Conducting diligence and monitoring phone interviews with borrowers/interviewees as required.
- Drafting annual and monitoring reviews for Relationship Managers and CDFG and Deutsche Bank Americas Foundation credit officer(s)
- Providing initial vet of new loan, investment and PRI opportunities as required.
- Conducting research on select topics/issues and sectors as needed.
- Providing operations support for CDFG team in its portfolio management and deal booking
- Providing any administrative support as needed
Critical Knowledge & Capabilities/Experience
* Prior finance experience, preferably in credit or investment analysis
$B!|(B Strong written and verbal communication skills
$B!|(B Good problem solving skills
$B!|(B High competency in Excel
$B!|(B High energy, demonstrated willingness to take initiative
$B!|(B Good at multitasking
$B!|(B Strong team player
$B!|(B Persistence and flexibility
$B!|(B Passion for community development
$B!|(B Background in sustainability and social finance is helpful
Current student in or recent graduate of MBA, MPP/MPA program
Please forward resume together with a brief description of your interest and availability for this position to Arti Trehan, email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> .
Associate | Community Development Finance Group
Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas
60 Wall Street, NYC 60-2110
New York, NY 10005
Tel. (212) 250-2361
Fax. (212) 797-2255
Visit us: http://www.db.com/usa/csr<http://www.db.com/csr>
This communication may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this communication in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this communication. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this communication is strictly forbidden.
Deutsche Bank does not render legal or tax advice, and the information contained in this communication should not be regarded as such.