CommunityDevelopmentBanking-L is an active, free, ongoing e-mail discussion
resource. Since 1994, this list has served community development practitioners
including Credit Unions, Banks, CDCs, Loan Funds, trade associations,
regulators, governments and partner non-profits. The discussions have ranged
from the practical (construction, mortgage, and small business lending; job
opportunities, conferences, fundraising) to legislative (CRA, HMDA, and CDFI) to
the cutting edge (micro-loan funds, peer lending, local currency, targeting
"The best Community Development Banking resource in Cyberspace."
New CBA Position: Program Associate - Knowledge Sharing
Original message from: email@example.com
Please see and/or share the following announcement for a new position with
Credit Builders Alliance!Program Associate, Knowledge Sharing
*LOCATION* Washington, DC
Credit Builders Alliance (CBA) is looking for a motivated and
high-performing Program Associate to provide support to the Knowledge
Sharing team. This is a unique opportunity for an individual seeking a fast
paced work environment that has a passion for entrepreneurship,
microenterprise, and economic development and is interested in building
relationships with U.S. microfinance and financial capability professionals
at all levels.
Founded in 2006, Credit Builders Alliance addresses the staggering fact that
in today’s credit-dependent economy some 40% of American adults have no
access to affordable bank credit. CBA is a nonprofit social enterprise that
serves as the vital bridge between the large credit bureaus and the local
community development organizations who work one on one to help their low
and moderate income clients build credit as a financial asset. We are
focused on increasing the transparency of the U.S. credit system and
ensuring that its benefits are available to underserved groups and
communities. Our growing membership - a nationwide network of U.S. nonprofit
organizations - includes over 200 nonprofit organizations that provide
microfinance services and financial education to underbanked consumers in
rural and urban communities across the U.S.
CBA pursues its mission through three main activities:
● *CBA Reporter* is a one-stop shop that enables hundreds of U.S.
microfinance lenders to help entrepreneurs and consumers establish positive
credit activity by reporting monthly loan payments to the major credit
● *CBA Access* allows microfinance and financial education nonprofits to
access and use credit reports for underwriting, financial coaching impact
● *CBA Knowledge Sharing* builds capacity of nonprofits by sharing best
practices relevant to helping low-income and underbanked families survive
and thrive in our changing credit industry through our online toolkit,
webinars, workshops and on-site trainings.**
CBA is a small, growing nonprofit. We currently have 5 staff and expect to
grow to 8-10 in 2011. We share offices with a larger partner organization in
the downtown DC business district.
CBA is seeking a highly motivated, organized individual to work with the
Director of Strategic Initiatives to support knowledge sharing, training and
consulting activities. The Program Associate will contribute to projects
currently in the pipeline as well as helping to develop, design and
implement new projects.
Training and Knowledge Sharing
· Playing a key role in the expansion of Knowledge Sharing
- Developing high-quality materials for consulting, trainings,
conferences and trade shows;
- Assisting with the production and dissemination of CBA’s knowledge
sharing materials for consulting, trainings, conferences, and trade shows;
- Learning about developments in the industry and with CBA members to
share internally and externally;
- Preparing CBA’s exhibit booth for conferences and trade shows;
- Preparing and disseminating surveys to workshop participants;
- Helping to market workshops to our members and the larger community;
- Coordinating workshop registrations and logistics.
· Supporting the Knowledge Sharing team on projects as needed.
● College degree and a minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience,
preferably with non-profits.
● Desire to be engaged in financial services and community development
related work. Community development and/or knowledge of financial service a
● Excellent speaking and writing skills.
● Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative environment and
participate in a team-based planning process.
● Self-starter: highly organized, demonstrated ability to handle
multiple projects simultaneously, and respond to rapidly changing demands
● Entrepreneurial: An individual who can work independently and
proactively, and can anticipate needs and take initiative to follow through
● Experience with MS office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Survey Monkey,
and Joomla. Knowledge of SalesForce and Vertical Response a plus.
● Limited travel may be required.
Competitive nonprofit salary commensurate with experience plus health
benefits, Flexible Spending Account, 403(b) matched pension plan and fringe
benefits, and participation in merit bonus program
*How to apply: *
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org <http://www.idealist.org/info/URL>. (No
phone calls, please.)
Visit us on the web:
Credit Builders Alliance is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer. Qualified persons are encouraged to apply regardless of their
religious affiliation, race, age, sex, sexual orientation or nature of
Credit Builders Alliance
Main: 202-730-9390 | Fax: 202-350-9430
*This transmission is confidential and/or proprietary to Credit Builders
Alliance. It is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential and prohibited from disclosure
under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, etransmission,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please
immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety,
whether in electronic or hard copy format.*