CommunityDevelopmentBanking-L is an active, free, ongoing e-mail discussion
resource. Since 1994, this list has served community development practitioners
including Credit Unions, Banks, CDCs, Loan Funds, trade associations,
regulators, governments and partner non-profits. The discussions have ranged
from the practical (construction, mortgage, and small business lending; job
opportunities, conferences, fundraising) to legislative (CRA, HMDA, and CDFI) to
the cutting edge (micro-loan funds, peer lending, local currency, targeting
"The best Community Development Banking resource in Cyberspace."
Job Posting - Portfolio Manager
Original message from: PThomson@nationaldevelopmentcouncil.org
Portfolio Manager, National Development Council
This position is located in either Cincinnati, OH or Seattle, WA.
NDC's Grow America Fund, Inc. <http://nationaldevelopmentcouncil.or...ness_lending/> (GAF), is a national SBA 7(a), non-bank lender with a portfolio of approximately 160 loans and an average size of $360,000. GAF conducts business in approximately 50 different communities throughout the continental US and has ambitious growth plans. Each Portfolio Manager (PM) is responsible for overseeing the borrower relationships of a portion of the portfolio from closing the loan to pay-off or liquidation. The PM works under general supervision of the GAF Chief Portfolio Manager and the GAF president, exercising initiative and independent judgment in the performance of his (or her) responsibilities.
Examples of Work Performed
* Maintains accurate and complete servicing files;
* Conducts site visits to each borrower at least once a year;
* Maintains borrower contact via site visits, telephone & email to ensure high level of rapport and personal involvement with each borrower;
* Performs written annual reviews of borrower performance;
* Attends (and provides input to members of) the Loan Committee;
* Maintains and monitors borrower database of pertinent information and chronological log of contacts;
* Monitors tickler system for renewals and payments of borrower insurance policies and property tax payments;
* Monitors and implements collection procedures, late notices and default letters;
* Notifies and/or seeks SBA approvals for all changes of collateral, borrower and loan attributes;
* Provides general business and financial technical assistance and training to borrowers in need thereof;
* Creates and implements, after approval, workout plans for borrowers experiencing short-term cash flow problems;
* Creates and implements, after approval, liquidation plans for borrowers for whom workout plans were not successful and delinquencies and default conditions continue;
* Establishes and maintains liaison with attorney assisting in documenting changes in borrower loan documents during the life of the loan;
* Oversees and monitors litigation plans set up by attorneys and communicates it to appropriate SBA offices.
After the first year of employment, the Portfolio Manager will gradually be introduced to the following additional duties, as appropriate:
* Completing SBA forms and gathering information required for the SBA 7(a) loan application package initiate by loan underwriter;
* Assisting the Closing Manager and Underwriter in ordering appraisals, environmental studies, organizational documents and other pertinent closing documentation;
* Preparing PLP submission package;
* Drafting the initial SBA Authorization;
* Approving disbursement of funds not disbursed at closing.
General Qualification Guidelines
Experience and Education
* Bachelors degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in finance, business administration, economics or a related field,
* Minimum one to three years of experience in commercial banking, business or community lending.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Strong analytical, time management and organizational skills as well as a high level of attention to detail,
* Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to be persuasive one-on-one as well as in a group setting,
* Knowledge and experience of SBA lending and task management,
* Ability to work effectively with community-based organizations, banks, small businesses, entrepreneurs and public sector administrators,
* Impeccable personal integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality of borrower data,
* Computer literacy in word processing, database and spreadsheet programs. Working knowledge of PCFS 2000's Loan Manager and Formwrx software helpful.
* NDC's EDFP Certification<http://nationaldevelopmentcouncil.or...ertification/> preferred.
Submit a cover letter and resume to NDC at email@example.com<mailto:tra firstname.lastname@example.org> by March 4, 2011. NDC is an equal opportunity employer.
708 Third Avenue, Suite 710
New York, NY 10017
P Please consider the environment before printing.