CommunityDevelopmentBanking-L is an active, free, ongoing e-mail discussion
resource. Since 1994, this list has served community development practitioners
including Credit Unions, Banks, CDCs, Loan Funds, trade associations,
regulators, governments and partner non-profits. The discussions have ranged
from the practical (construction, mortgage, and small business lending; job
opportunities, conferences, fundraising) to legislative (CRA, HMDA, and CDFI) to
the cutting edge (micro-loan funds, peer lending, local currency, targeting
"The best Community Development Banking resource in Cyberspace."
Job Announcement: Program Assistant (The Center for Financial Services Innovation - C
Original message from: Audwin_Barnes@sbk.com
The Center for Financial Services Innovation (CFSI) seeks a Program Assistant to support the development and implementation of its new Financial Capability grant fund and its advisory services business that provides 1:1 services to companies in the financial services marketplace.
This position is a full-time, 12-month opportunity.
* Assist with the development and implementation of a new grants management software solution
* Assist with the processing of grant proposals, including conducting due diligence, communicating with applicants and evaluators, preparing review materials and grant agreements, etc.
* Assist with grant reporting to CFSI funders
* Assist with the development and implementation of operational systems to support the advisory services
* Assist with writing proposals, updating contracts, and executing agreements with clients
* Develop documents and communications materials (memoranda, PowerPoint presentations, etc.) related to the Financial Capability Fund and/or specific consulting projects/engagements
* Assist with logistics and note-taking for internal CFSI meetings, offsite Innovators Roundtable/Underbanked Solutions Exchange meetings, and meetings with individual companies
* Provide scheduling and other administrative support as necessary
* Other related tasks may be assigned
Qualifications & Characteristics:
* Master's degree preferred. Exceptional Bachelor's degree candidates will be considered.
* Financial services industry knowledge preferred.
* Strong desire to be engaged in mission-related work. Community development experience a plus.
* Excellent project management skills, including a superb ability to multi-task and handle multiple deadlines and priorities.
* Ability to think strategically, yet demonstrate an acute attention to detail.
* Entrepreneurial: must be comfortable working independently and in a highly collaborative environment.
* Superior writing and oral communications skills.
* Prior experience with grant-making and grant management software a plus.
* Excellent MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) skills required, knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
The Center for Financial Services Innovation is the nation's leading authority on financial services for underbanked consumers. We believe that addressing the needs of underbanked consumers as a market will deliver broad, long-term change throughout the financial services landscape by creating mutual benefit for both the underbanked and the companies serving them.
We seek to improve the quality and quantity of financial products and services, better shape them to the needs and desires of underbanked customers, and expand effective savings and asset acquisition opportunities. We spur innovation to bridge the gaps that remain in creating a path to prosperity for underbanked consumers by:
* Developing market intelligence;
* Assessing existing products, services and strategies;
* Promoting and facilitating marketplace partnerships;
* Influencing public policy;
* Investing in promising innovations and encouraging others to do so as well.
As a nonprofit affiliate of ShoreBank Corporation, we work with organizations and institutions in industry, government, and the nonprofit sector. To learn more about CFSI, visit www.cfsinnovation.com<http://www.cfsinnovation.com/>. For immediate consideration, submit a resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Talent Acquisition Team
The Center for Financial Services Innovation
2230 South Michigan Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60616
This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.