CommunityDevelopmentBanking-L is an active, free, ongoing e-mail discussion
resource. Since 1994, this list has served community development practitioners
including Credit Unions, Banks, CDCs, Loan Funds, trade associations,
regulators, governments and partner non-profits. The discussions have ranged
from the practical (construction, mortgage, and small business lending; job
opportunities, conferences, fundraising) to legislative (CRA, HMDA, and CDFI) to
the cutting edge (micro-loan funds, peer lending, local currency, targeting
"The best Community Development Banking resource in Cyberspace."
Job Vacancy (NCB Capital Impact-VP/Loan Accounting/Investor Management)
Original message from: DSmith@ncb.coop
NCB Capital Impact, an affiliate of NCB, is a national nonprofit
organization based in Crystal City, VA that empowers America's underserved
communities to progress. NCB Capital Impact creates access to capital and
expert technical assistance otherwise unavailable for low- and
moderate-income communities, often dealing with higher credit risk while
maintaining financial strength. NCB Capital Impact combines both financial
and development services to spark systemic change for delivering
affordable facilities to communities including housing, health care,
assisted living, education and economic development ventures.
We have an immediate opening for a "VP/Loan Accounting/Investor Management
For more information about NCB Capital Impact and our benefits please
This position will provide NCB Capital Impact with Loan Accounting
functions and investor reporting expertise for investors and Program
loans, as it relates to lending programs, in accordance to Servicing
Agreements, Grant Awards and Program guidelines. The individual in this
role will: (1) oversee the investor remitting and compliance functions for
multiple programs and single investors; (2) manage the cash calls for all
programs and investors ; (3) collaborate with Loan Servicing, Closing,
Construction Services, Corporate Accounting, and Lending to ensure
conformity with program guidelines, investor guidelines, and loan
documentation(4) facilitate change by identifying issues, problems and
opportunities, by determining whether action is appropriate, and by
effectively communicating the importance and need for change (5)
independently manage the large and complex NCB Capital Impact products
1. Act as primary contact for its counterpart at other organizations
regarding Investor payments and other remittances.
2. Control, review, and analyze all investor loan activity on a
regular and on-going basis, to assure loan system accuracy and compliance
with participation, servicing agreements and program guidelines. Ensure
compliance with all USAP requirements as related to investor bank accounts
and investor reporting and compliance.
3. Responsible for the preparation of all investor custodial (P&I,
4. Reconciliation of off balance sheet investor related accounts.
5. Enter all investor related GL entries.
6. Assist with and advise on structuring of new programs as it
relates to loan accounting system capabilities, policies and procedures.
7. Review and comment on documents for managed loans and programs
regarding compliance with existing systems, policies and procedures.
8. Collaborate with NCB Loan Accounting Department as necessary.
9. Process all investor cash calls and sales process of loans being
sold into a program or to a single investor.
1. Assist with timely preparation, review and distribution of all
management and external third party reports of all managed loans and
2. Initial set-up of new programs on loan accounting system.
3. Keep accurate records and files of all reporting information
4. Assist Sr. Financial Analyst & CFO with budget and reporting
matters related to portfolio and lending programs.
1. Work closely with Accounting in the development of new programs.
Specifically on how to use current systems to manage and accurately report
required financial information.
2. Represent NCB Capital Impact’s current and future system needs on
multiple cross family committees and projects.
3. Maintain up to date policies and procedures for all managed
NEW MARKETS TAX CREDITS
1. Cascade funds at closing to ensure accurate documentation of QEI
and QLICI are made per IRS requirements.
2. Push CDE and Investment Fund monies adhering to guidelines in the
various operating agreements, servicing agreements, and IRS regulations.
3. Manage on average 4 cash accounts per deal.
4. On fully funded QEI construction deals, manage the debt service
payments on lower tier loans, the reconciliation and senior management
reporting on project funds. Track availability of debt service reserve
balances approximating remaining number of payments available.
5. Create and maintain compliance folders for each deal.
6. Keep the CDE in compliance with the Equity and Leverage lenders in
Minimum Qualifications are:
BA/BS degree; 10 years relevant work experience in accounting; loan
accounting, lending/servicing operations, and compliance. Exposure to New
Markets Tax Credit programs a plus.
You may apply via our website or by e-mailing your resume to
Diahann M. Smith | Human Resources Manager | NCB
2011 Crystal Drive| Suite 800 | Crystal City, VA 22202-3709
Tel (703) 302-8007| Fax (703) 647-3461| firstname.lastname@example.org
NCB refers to National Consumer Cooperative Bank and its subsidiaries
(primarily NCB Financial Corporation and its subsidiary, NCB, FSB), its
affiliated non-profit corporation, NCB Capital Impact, and also NCB
Community Works, LLC, which is jointly owned by NCB Capital Impact. Each
is a separate corporation within the NCB Financial Group.
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifies and with authority, states them to be the views of NCB.
Please do not send sensitive information, such as account, Social Security, Tax ID, or credit card numbers to us using email. The address for our secure email portal is: https://web1.zixmail.net/s/login?b=ncb