10-03-2007, 02:50 PM
Job Opening: MAFCU Assistant Manager
From: "Margaret Libby" <email@example.com>
Please forward on to anyone you think may be interested-- apologies for cross postings.
Mission Area Federal Credit Union is finalizing a new plan to grow our membership and assets, as well as our financial services, education and products. We are hiring a new assistant manager-- someone with strong accounting and supervision skills and a commitment to our mission-- to join our team at this exciting time of growth.
POSITION: COMMUNITY CREDIT UNION ASSISTANT MANAGER
Mission Area Federal Credit Union (MAFCU) is a growing community development credit union serving the Greater Mission in San Francisco. We have 2,500 members and $8.5 million in assets. We provide a range of quality affordable financial services and education to members of the community, in particular low-income and immigrant families. MAFCU provides members with a chance to repair and rebuild their credit; counseling to better manage their finances; various loan products, often providing members with their first loan; and education and training through our non-profit affiliate Mission Community Financial Assistance. MAFCU is embarking on a new plan to grow and better serve the community, starting with a new more visible and accessible location on Mission Street at 29 th, set to open in early 2008.
MAFCU is poised for growth and we are seeking an assistant manager that can assume a leadership role in that process. We are looking for someone capable of running the credit union in the CEO/Manager's absence and someone with a strong accounting background, a commitment to the credit union philosophy, a quick learner, a problem solver and someone comfortable assuming leadership roles. This person will do underwriting, staff supervision, accounting, training and member/community relations. We are looking for someone committed to serving the Mission neighborhood, Bernal Heights, and the Excelsior. We are also looking for candidates that are interested in growing with us and passionate about MAFCU's mission.
- Assisting CEO/manager with preparation of financial statements and reports to the Board of Directors
- Performing all loan officer functions and assisting with collections, as needed
- Training and supervision of member service representatives (tellers)
- Relating to members, building relationships and assisting them with services/products
- Assisting with data tracking for new programs and services
- Assisting with development of new products, services and programs
[*]Other duties and projects as directed by the CEO/Manager[/list:u:1a77b0e8ec]QUALIFICATIONS
- Writing letters to credit unions to seek their assistance and support
- Delivering trainings and outreach presentations to members of the community
- Promoting MAFCU services and products in the community
- College degree or 10+ years in the credit union field
- Strong computer skills (MS office, including power point)
- Strong accounting skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Experience working in a financial institution, preferably a credit union
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Mission, Bernal Heights and Excelsior preferred
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
*DEADLINEMAFCU Attn: Assistant Manager Search
- Benefits package includes health and dental coverage
- Salary: DOE
2940-16th Street, Suite 305
San Francisco, CA 94103
This post transferred from the cdb-l mailing list