CommunityDevelopmentBanking-L is an active, free, ongoing e-mail discussion
resource. Since 1994, this list has served community development practitioners
including Credit Unions, Banks, CDCs, Loan Funds, trade associations,
regulators, governments and partner non-profits. The discussions have ranged
from the practical (construction, mortgage, and small business lending; job
opportunities, conferences, fundraising) to legislative (CRA, HMDA, and CDFI) to
the cutting edge (micro-loan funds, peer lending, local currency, targeting
"The best Community Development Banking resource in Cyberspace."
Metropolitan Atlanta Community Devleopment Corporation (MACDC)
JOB DESCRIPTION: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
MACDC is seeking a dynamic Executive Director capable of leading our
young organization into the next stage of growth. This is a position
well suited for an entrepreneurial leader who is undaunted by new
challenges and who thrives on creativity, production and collaborative
relationship building in the field of affordable housing. MACDC serves
as the construction management entity for a collaboration of Community
Development Corporations and their partners. Construction projects
include single family homes and multi-family rental housing, both new
construction and renovations.
1) Supervise a staff of at least four construction managers and
other organizational support staff. Build strong internal systems for
2) Ensure sound fiscal health of organization by developing and
managing resources and revenue streams.
3) Provide oversight for housing constructions projects, including
management and supervision of technical aspects such as qualification of
general contractors, inspections, work write-ups, specifications,
drawings and site plans.
4) Monitor general contractors' work on construction projects from
predevelopment through construction completion to ensure quality of work
product, adherence to construction budgets and plans, and timely
5) Ensure that regular construction progress reports are received
by the partners for each of the construction projects.
6) Seek out opportunities to increase the construction pipeline by
exploring new partnerships and presenting them to the MACDC Board of
7) Maintain effective communications among MACDC staff, ensuring
that efficiencies and economies of scale in production are achieved.
Provide regular and thorough reporting to the MACDC Board and
regular communications with individual, partner Community Development
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
* Thorough knowledge of residential construction codes,
specifications, building materials and contracting process.
* At least five years staff management experience.
* At least three years of non-profit organizational management
experience and of experience working directly with a Board of Directors.
* At least five years experience in building inspection, contract
management, and/or construction supervision.
* Ability to manage and track organization finances and project
* Excellent presentation and negotiation skills - able to
articulate the mission and vision of MACDC and negotiate crucial
* Ability to work under deadlines and with multiple
* Willingness and ability to work with diverse partners and
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Equal opportunity Employer.
Submit resume and cover letter by April 24, 2007 to Krystal Tyler at
firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (404) 756-1016.
This post transferred from the cdb-l mailing list