CommunityDevelopmentBanking-L is an active, free, ongoing e-mail discussion
resource. Since 1994, this list has served community development practitioners
including Credit Unions, Banks, CDCs, Loan Funds, trade associations,
regulators, governments and partner non-profits. The discussions have ranged
from the practical (construction, mortgage, and small business lending; job
opportunities, conferences, fundraising) to legislative (CRA, HMDA, and CDFI) to
the cutting edge (micro-loan funds, peer lending, local currency, targeting
"The best Community Development Banking resource in Cyberspace."
Original message from: TFrye@OpportunityFinance.net
Job Title: Vice President, Research, Knowledge Sharing
Location: Philadelphia, PA
About Opportunity Finance Network
Opportunity Finance Network (OFN) is the national network of Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs)-private financial institutions that are 100% dedicated to delivering responsible, affordable lending to help low-income, low-wealth, and other disadvantaged people and communities join the economic mainstream. OFN's mission is to lead CDFIs and their partners to ensure that low-income, low-wealth, and other disadvantaged people and communities have access to affordable, responsible financial products and services. OFN provides a range of services to the CDFI industry including financing, training, research and publications, and consulting services. For more information, visit www.opportunityfinance.net<http://www.opportunityfinance.net>.
Position Summary and Essential Functions
The primary responsibilities of this position are to manage Opportunity Finance Network's data collection, data analysis, and research activities, maintain OFN's leadership role in community development financial institution (CDFI) data analysis, and develop OFNs capacity to conduct other types of research. The essential functions of the position are to design methods to and collect primary data, conduct data analyses, develop and undertake issue-focused research, and disseminate findings to broad audiences.
1. Design, manage and continually improve OFN's data collection systems.
2. Implement OFN's ongoing annual and quarterly surveys (OFN Member Survey and Quarterly CDFI Market Conditions Survey), and design and conduct other surveys as needed.
3. Manage the survey data cleansing process.
4. Analyze survey data and produce publishable narrative reports including the annual CDFIs Side by Side report, OFN Member Peer Analyses, Inside the Membership, and the Quarterly CDFI Market Conditions Report.
5. Manage and direct activities of junior staff assigned to assist in data collection and research
6. Design and conduct other research studies and produce reports of findings.
7. Present findings and analysis of research in a wide range of venues in addition to the reports mentioned above, including narrative reports, online dashboards, and presentations to external audiences.
1. Bachelor's degree or 9 years work experience; graduate degree a plus
2. 5+ years professional experience in data analytics
3. 3+ years professional experience in designing and conducting research studies
4. 3+ years in a supervisory or managerial capacity
5. Project management experience
6. Experience in financial analysis of financial institutions preferred
7. Superior quantitative analytical skills
8. Superior knowledge of MS Office Excel; experience with online survey software (Qualtrics and Survey Monkey preferred) and with databases (Salesforce or Access preferred)
9. Demonstrated leadership ability
10. Light to moderate travel required (5%-15% of time)
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Send letter of interest, resume and salary requirement to:
Research, Knowledge Sharing
Opportunity Finance Network
620 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Email: Resume_HR@opportunityfinance.net<mailto:Resume_HR@ opportunityfinance.net>.
Tamara Frye, SPHR
Senior Associate, Human Resources
Opportunity Finance Network
Finding and financing opportunities that others miss(tm).