04-23-2003, 05:01 PM
Job posting- NCRC VP Organizing and Advocacy
NOTICE OF POSITION OPENING
Title: Vice President ú Organizing and Advocacy **
Reports to: Senior Vice President - Outreach & Membership
Supervises: *Record Services Coordinator (part-time); Interns (seasonal) **
Other: Full-time, Exempt (Management team member) ****
1. Coordinates & integrates recruitment and involvement of NCRC members and associates. Recommends enhancements to related plans, systems and procedures.
2. Provides or supervises ancillary services, including
*ÿ NCRC Listserv subscriber processing and support, *
*ÿ and reporting on member achievements through articles in NCRC’s quarterly (Reinvestment Works) and other channels.
3. Plans and executes the elements of NCRC’s annual conference that most affect members
4. With other management team members, develops and implements promotional themes and messages that highlight NCRC’s ability to empower its members, to deliver top-quality, effective services, and to unify diverse organizations into an unstoppable movement.
5. Develops and pursues prospects. Researches and proposes deals to buy or share mailing lists; attends NCRC regional trainings and other gatherings:
*ÿ to learn about services currently offered by NCRC and competitors
*ÿ and to present NCRC membership as a "calling" for those who want to improve our society.
6. Develops plans and proposes goals for extension of membership, associate and partner programs, including allies and client organizations outside the U.S. and other new member/associate categories.
7. Supervises record maintenance and produces directories and statistical reports (quarterly or as needed) to chart progress and update contacts.
Position Requirements and Preferences
a. At minimum, a bachelor’s degree, preferably in political science, public affairs, social services, communications or a related field
b. At least 3 years experience as a manager or senior professional in a nonprofit membership *org. or movement for social change
c. Strong writing, speaking and planning skills
d. Good computer skills, especially with membership or other databases
(NCRC currently uses Filemaker Pro in a Mac environment for its records and most contacts; this position will play a key role in system documentation and development.)
e. Creativity, high ideals and energy; commitment to excellence
f. Willingness to travel (estimated 5%)
NCRC IS a nonprofit organization committed to improving opportunities for those helped by its member organizations and served by U.S. financial institutions. It builds the capacity of its members and, in concert with allies, ensures fair access to credit and related financial services. NCRC values diversity, and is a challenging and rewarding workplace. This newly revamped position is a key part of the creative team. ADA/EOE.
This post transferred from the cdb-l mailing list