CommunityDevelopmentBanking-L is an active, free, ongoing e-mail discussion
resource. Since 1994, this list has served community development practitioners
including Credit Unions, Banks, CDCs, Loan Funds, trade associations,
regulators, governments and partner non-profits. The discussions have ranged
from the practical (construction, mortgage, and small business lending; job
opportunities, conferences, fundraising) to legislative (CRA, HMDA, and CDFI) to
the cutting edge (micro-loan funds, peer lending, local currency, targeting
"The best Community Development Banking resource in Cyberspace."
Job Announcement: Vice President of Research, OFN
Original message from: TFrye@OpportunityFinance.net
Job Title: Vice President of Research
Supervisor's Title: Executive Vice President, Knowledge Sharing
Location: Philadelphia, PA
About Opportunity Finance Network
Opportunity Finance Network (OFN) is the national network of community development financial institutions (CDFIs)-private financial institutions that are 100% dedicated to delivering responsible, affordable financial products and services to low-income, low-wealth, and other disadvantaged people and communities. OFN provides a range of services to its Members and the CDFI industry including financing, training, research, publications, and consulting services. For more information, visit www.opportunityfinance.net<http://www.opportunityfinance.net>.
Position Summary and Essential Functions
OFN is one of the primary sources of financial and impact performance data on the CDFI industry. OFN collects financial and outcomes data from hundreds of CDFIs annually. CDFIs include nonprofit and for-profit, unregulated and regulated financial institutions (e.g., community development loan funds, credit unions, banks, and venture funds). We verify, manage, and analyze these data, and use them to produce multiple publications on CDFI industry performance. Research responsibilities also include quantitative and qualitative studies on issues of importance to CDFIs and other stakeholders in the CDFI industry.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to develop and manage OFN's CDFI performance data collection and analysis process ensuring maintenance of OFN's leadership role in CDFI performance analysis. The essential functions of the position are to design methods to collect primary data, manage the collection of data, conduct data analyses, develop and undertake issue-focused research, and disseminate findings to broad audiences.
1. Design, manage and continually improve OFN's data collection systems.
2. Implement OFN's ongoing annual and quarterly surveys (OFN Member Survey and Quarterly CDFI Market Conditions Survey), and design and conduct other surveys as needed.
3. Manage the survey data cleansing process.
4. Analyze CDFI operating, capitalization, asset quality, and outcomes data and produce publishable narrative reports including the annual CDFIs Side by Side report, OFN Member Peer Analyses, Inside the Membership, and the Quarterly CDFI Market Conditions Report.
5. Manage and direct activities of junior staff assigned to assist in data collection and research.
6. Design and conduct other research studies and produce reports of findings.
7. Present findings and analysis of research in a wide range of venues in addition to the reports mentioned above, including narrative reports, online dashboards, and presentations to external audiences.
1. Bachelor's degree or 9 years work experience; graduate degree a plus
2. 5+ years professional experience in data analytics
3. 3+ years professional experience in designing and conducting research studies
4. 3+ years in a supervisory or managerial capacity
5. Experience in financial analysis of financial institutions , preferably including nonprofit unregulated financial institutions
6. Project management experience
7. Superior quantitative analytical skills
8. Superior knowledge of MS Office Excel; experience with online survey software (Qualtrics and Survey Monkey preferred) and with databases (Salesforce or Access preferred)
9. Demonstrated leadership ability
10. Light to moderate travel required (5%-15% of time)
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Send letter of interest, resume and salary requirement to:
Research, Knowledge Sharing
Opportunity Finance Network
620 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Email: Resume_HR@opportunityfinance.net<mailto:Resume_HR@ opportunityfinance.net>.
Tamara Frye, SPHR
Senior Associate, Human Resources
Opportunity Finance Network
Finding and financing opportunities that others miss(tm).