CommunityDevelopmentBanking-L is an active, free, ongoing e-mail discussion
resource. Since 1994, this list has served community development practitioners
including Credit Unions, Banks, CDCs, Loan Funds, trade associations,
regulators, governments and partner non-profits. The discussions have ranged
from the practical (construction, mortgage, and small business lending; job
opportunities, conferences, fundraising) to legislative (CRA, HMDA, and CDFI) to
the cutting edge (micro-loan funds, peer lending, local currency, targeting
"The best Community Development Banking resource in Cyberspace."
Job Opening in San Francisco
Original message from: firstname.lastname@example.org
About RSF Social Finance
Located in the beautiful and historic Presidio of San Francisco, RSF Social Finance is a pioneering
nonprofit organization dedicated to using the tools of finance to bring about positive, realworld
change. Our goal is not only to make capital available to innovative projects; it's to
fundamentally transform the way the world works with money. RSF supports a broad range of
nonprofit and for-profit social enterprises in the fields of sustainable food and agriculture,
education and the arts, and ecological stewardship. Primary services include RSF's investing
and lending program, and philanthropic fund management services. RSF has assets of $120
million and a staff of 25. Please refer to our website at www.rsfsocialfinance.org
RSF Social Finance seeks to hire a Lending Manager who aspires to apply his/her significant
professional experience, creative capacity, commercial lending expertise, and deep relationship
skills to support a social mission dedicated to a more just and sustainable world.
The Lending Manager is responsible for underwriting new loans and maintaining a portfolio of
existing loans. The underwriting responsibilities include managing pipeline activity from inquiry
through closing (including business development), credit memoranda writing, financial
structuring, due diligence and oversight of the loan documentation and closing process. The
portfolio maintenance responsibilities include monitoring borrower financial performance and
compliance with financial and reporting covenants, as well as implementing restructuring and
workout plans for non-performing loans. This position reports to the Senior Lending Manager,
and joins a team of four other professionals managing RSF's $85MM lending program covering
over 90 borrowers nationwide and in Canada.
Other Duties Include:
* Participation on credit committee.
* Assuming a relationship manager role and responsibility for borrowing clients, including
* Preparing roll-overs and loan amendments including loan increases for existing clients.
* Ensuring intake compliance with policies and procedures, including updating of Lending
* Coordinating with documentation department on prioritizing closings and other
* Participating in business planning process and goal setting for originations.
* Working collaboratively with documentation and servicing teams to ensure proper
information flow among departments.
* Engaging in business development, including the development of new loan clients, new
investment clients and new lending partners.
The successful candidate will have:
* An undergraduate degree, preferably in Business Administration or Finance. MBA or
other relevant advanced degree is a plus.
* A minimum of 5-7 years of relevant commercial transaction lending experience,
including asset and cash flow based credit analysis skills, financial modeling skills,
familiarity with both for-profit and non-profit borrowers, and commercial loan
* Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to produce credit
memoranda for approval, articulate RSF's lending philosophy and loan products, and the
ability to converse effectively by telephone with potential and existing clients.
* A solid grasp of for-profit and non-profit accounting, credit analysis, and financial
* Lending experience with early to mid-stage social enterprise financing is preferable.
Experience with troubled loans, restructurings and work-outs is desirable.
* Professional experience working with both for-profit and not-for-profit organizations.
* Willingness to occasionally travel nationally for site visits and business development.
* The ability to effectively use standard business software such as Microsoft Office; and to
use the Internet for research and information-gathering.
* Last, but far from least, we are seeking someone with a truly open, enthusiastic, curious
and helpful spirit, deeply interested in the quality and nature of human relationship, and
issues of social importance.
We offer a very competitive compensation package commensurate with equivalent positions in
the development and non-profit finance sector. Benefits include employer-paid medical, dental,
vision and long-term disability insurance, along with a retirement savings plan. RSF Social
Finance is an equal opportunity employer; candidates representing a diversity of backgrounds
(race, ethnic culture, gender, age, sexual orientation and physical abilities) are encouraged to
Please submit your resume via e-mail to HR@rsfsocialfinance.org by May 22nd 2009 along with
a cover letter including salary expectations and an explanation of why you are interested in
working with RSF Social Finance. No phone calls please.