CommunityDevelopmentBanking-L is an active, free, ongoing e-mail discussion
resource. Since 1994, this list has served community development practitioners
including Credit Unions, Banks, CDCs, Loan Funds, trade associations,
regulators, governments and partner non-profits. The discussions have ranged
from the practical (construction, mortgage, and small business lending; job
opportunities, conferences, fundraising) to legislative (CRA, HMDA, and CDFI) to
the cutting edge (micro-loan funds, peer lending, local currency, targeting
"The best Community Development Banking resource in Cyberspace."
Position Available: Nonprofit Finance Fund- San Francisco (Manager, Advisory Services
Original message from: email@example.com
JOB POSTING: Manager, Advisory Services, Western Region Location: San Francisco
Organizational Overview: With seven offices throughout the US,
Nonprofit Finance Fund (NFF) is working with both funders and
nonprofit organizations nationwide to change the way nonprofits are
financed. The goal of this innovative thinking is to create a
nonprofit sector that has the financial strength needed to provide
excellent services to the community.
NFF is bringing about this change by:
• Advising nonprofits, through individual and group consultations, in
areas of financial planning and management
• Providing organizations with sustaining loans they might not be able
to secure from other sources
• Sharing our long-term experience on healthy financial planning for nonprofits
• Advocating broadly to funders and their recipient organizations for
an innovative approach to nonprofit financing
Since its founding in 1980, NFF has helped more than 8,000 nonprofits
implement sustainable growth and thereby improve their capacity to
serve their communities. Headquartered in New York City, NFF has a
national staff of more than 70 in offices including Boston, New
Jersey, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Detroit and San Francisco.
Position Summary: The Manager will be responsible for the delivery of
NFF's full range of advisory services offerings and may have oversight
responsibility for special projects. As a critical member of a
close-working and growing team of professionals, the Manager will be
expected to manage a substantial portfolio of work, all while ensuring
quality financial analysis, effective communication of key NFF
messages, and client satisfaction.
NFF's Managers have the opportunity to work directly with senior-level
financial and strategic decision-makers at a wide range of nonprofits.
These clients come to NFF for assistance in evaluating their financial
health and assessing their readiness for change or growth. Much of
NFF's direct client work is done through our signature consulting
service, the Nonprofit Business Analysis (NBA). The NBA provides
nonprofit senior management and board members with illumination and
guidance on ways to better balance financial management with program
priorities. Through the NBA process, nonprofit leaders gain a deeper
understanding of their underlying business dynamics and capital needs.
They become better equipped to plan and make decisions that improve
their organization's health and viability.
NFF Managers will serve as lead NBA consultants, communicating complex
financial concepts to nonprofit leadership and preparing and
presenting reports with findings and recommendations to multiple
nonprofit stakeholders, including funders and Boards of Directors.
Managers will serve as lead presenters of NFF's educational trainings,
including workshops and clinics. Other responsibilities will likely
include: providing customized technical assistance to clients,
development of new advisory services, participation on
cross-departmental teams, and working with regional relationship
managers to track and monitor progress on client engagements and
ensure that client engagements are adequately managed and staffed.
Managers are expected to show initiative by taking on and driving work
flow and special projects. They are strong individuals who form and
mentor teams. Managers have a strong work ethic, exceptional
interpersonal and analytical skills, keen attention to detail, and
ability to balance multiple client engagements on tight schedules. The
Manager will be a core member of the San Francisco program team,
working to fulfill NFF's mission in the West Coast market.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as lead consultant for nonprofit clients, overseeing analysis
of business health and facilitating dialogue on readiness for change
• Develop and present reports with key insights to Boards of Directors
• Present NFF workshops and other group trainings
• Oversee quality assurance for a portfolio of NBAs
• Contribute to national efforts around the planning and development
of the NBA and other advisory services offerings
• Contribute to pipeline management, assuring demand and capacity are
managed within the department
• Manage special programs/initiatives as the need arises
• Represent NFF in public forums as needed
Essential Requirements for Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's required; Master's preferred in business, finance, public
administration, or related field
• 5 + years work experience, preferably in the fields of financial
services or consulting
Specialized Knowledge/Beneficial Skills and Experience:
• Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills
• Training/teaching/presentation experience
• Track record managing projects
• Excellent analytical skills and high level of comfort with
• Demonstrated commitment to the nonprofit community, including
familiarity with nonprofit accounting and financial and managerial
issues commonly faced by organizations in the sector
• Excellent interpersonal and networking skills and strong sense of integrity
• Strong time management and multi-tasking abilities
• Ability to see the big picture while minding the details
• Flexibility and sense of humor
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Self-motivated and results-oriented with drive and initiative
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications particularly Excel,
Word, and PowerPoint
To Apply: Please send a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining
how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position
and stating how you heard about this opportunity, both in Word format
and addressed to David Greco, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be
reviewed on a rolling basis.
To learn more about NFF, please visit www.nonprofitfinancefund.org.
Salaries are commensurate with experience and include an attractive
NFF is an equal opportunity employer.